Find your Purpose, Realise your Ambition is a work preparation and career development programme for 16-25 years olds delivered by Lancashire Youth Challenge in partnership with the Lancaster based charity, the Adullam Programme (https://www.adullamprogramme.co.uk/) and supported by Lancaster University.
Ten young people will be recruited to a FREE 9-month programme of mentoring & coaching support, work preparation & entrepreneurialism workshops, employability training, communication skills training and real-world work experience opportunities.
Young people attending the programme will access:
1-1 Coaching and Mentoring Sessions delivered online or in-person by an LYC youth worker and supported by a peer mentor.
Values, Mission and Entrepreneurial Thinking workshops with trained consultants to help identify key strengths and skills sets.
Work Preparation Training Course delivered by business leaders and consultants at the Adullam Programme in Lancaster; exploring all areas of employment including application writing, CV development, interview techniques, communication skills, online promotion, job market analysis and employment rights.
A Business Buddy with lived experience (local businessperson or peer mentor) of successfully accessing the world of work or facilitating their own creative business; accessed either online or via phone.
Real World Work Experience via a 2-week professional work experience placement at locations across the County.
Introduction to FE/HE workshops delivered by the Widening Participation team at Lancaster University
Workshops will de delivered in person at COVID secure locations in Lancaster City Centre.
At the end of the 9-month programme, participants will gain the following:
- A bespoke Personal Action Plan and Purpose Statement
- A developed interest in developing their own business ideas
- An understanding of self-employment, entrepreneurialism, and self-efficacy
- An increased level of confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth
- A clear concept of their personal values, aspirations, aims and purpose
- A sense of achievement and personal success
- An increased willingness to meet new people and make new connections
- A robust knowledge and understanding of the job market and the skills to navigate it
Deadline for registration: Friday 25th June 2021, 5pm.
Informal interviews: W/c 28th June 2021.
Project Start Date: 7th July 2021
This programme has been made possible thanks to funding from the Banks Lyon Memorial Trust
To apply fill out the simple registration form below ⬇️⬇️⬇️