Following the delivery of a successful pilot scheme in 2021, we re-staged the ‘Find Your Purpose’ project for a small team of 10 young people over nine full days between February and March 2023.
In response to our learning and evaluation of the pilot scheme, we facilitated a shorter, more intensive work preparation project, in partnership with the Adullam Programme and funded by Banks Lyon Memorial Trust and the Westminster Foundation.
The project realised the following outcomes for the participants:
- Better understanding of themselves, their motivations, and values
- Production of a solid and accurate Personal Statement
- A clearer idea of what they want from a career
- A roadmap to their future career
- A range of new skills – application writing, interview techniques, CV writing
- A deeper knowledge and awareness of worker’s rights
- Better communication skills
- Increased confidence
- New professional networks and work opportunities
- A portfolio of learning which I can continue to use throughout my working life
For more information about the project please watch the short highlights film below.