Time to Breathe is a life skills and emotional wellbeing project for young people taking place at our base in Lancaster City Centre and at various outdoor locations across the Lancaster district.
The project provides weekly participatory workshops including: mindfulness & emotional wellbeing training sessions, horticulture workshops, cooking and healthy eating workshops, mental heath awareness sessions and outdoor education/bushcraft opportunities.
The project aims to:
- Enhance young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Provide young people with the skills and techniques to manage their emotional and mental health.
- Support young people to develop personal confidence, self-esteem, and self-efficacy.
- Provide young people with a safe space to explore the natural world and develop transferable skills in growing and harvesting food.
- Enable young people to make a meaningful and positive impact in their community through activities which assist in tackling climate change.
For more information about the Time to Breathe project please watch our documentary film of the 2022 pilot project, funded by the Areti Charitable Trust: